Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rough Couple Days

This diet is a lot of work, but that really isn't the stressful part of it. Trying to give Evan his meds are the worst. Before the diet, his meds were all flavored and he never gave us a hard time taking them. Going to call the dietitian first thing on Monday(since she is out of town) to see what "free foods" we can try to hide them in.

The other thing that is so heartbreaking is Evan crying, and I mean full blown out temper-tantrums that he is hungry. I know I am doing what is the best thing for him now, but seriously this part of the diet is so hard!! I remember on the news a year or two back when a little girl was starved to death by her parents. That really takes some sick deranged people to do such a thing to their child. I seen what Evan went through in the hospital from refusing the eggnog and not having any food at all. It did NOT take him that long to get very sick from it.  What my husband and I are doing for our son is to help him get better and I could never imagine starving him out of abuse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment